Innovation at VMU
The development of innovations is a constantly changing process at Vytautas Magnus University. Currently, most innovations are developed in five groups: biotechnology, agricultural technology, digital technology, engineering technology, educational innovation.
- Biotechnologies: multistage digestate cleaning technology, hybrid fermentation modular biogas power plant technology, insect breeding technology, systemic biotechnology that enables claning of industrial and circulating wastewater from toxic metal, technology of internal circulation and air supply system air purification from harmful microbiological components, technology of aerobic processing of the bird manure, biogas production technology from hard to decompose biomass.
- Agricultural technologies: hydroponic plant cultivation, the prototype of the combine thresher block, the technology of the contaminated soil cleaning, natural food products, technology of direct sowing into uncultivated soil, technology for the production of granular fuel from polynomial crop crops, technology of ventilation system controller, drying systems for biologically valuable products, demonstration prototype or the aquaponics system, demonstration prototype of the URS systems with erlifts, two component new generation liquid plant biostimulator.
- Digital technologies: platform for cooperation and sharing of agricultural machinery between agricultural entities, algorithm for increasing farm income and forming producer organizations, aspect-based opinion evaluation technology, platform for marketing, collection and optimal commercial use of organic biomass, a platform for energy reduction and efficient remote operation of heating / cooling systems in buildings, an automated monitoring and information analysis system that would increase the level of IT management automation and address other shortcomings of existing IT management and security systems on the market is under construction, an intelligent system that allows you to create and effectively manage advertising content on social networks and optimize advertising costs.
- Engineering technologies: A prototype of a stable, self-expanding 3D frame will be developed on the basis of 4D printing technology, the technology of multiple identification systems consisting of optical-polygraphic technology synthesis generated codes and functional materials production, an automated verification system based on smart device solutions and capabilities, cloud computing, artificial intellect, technology of surface sterilization equipment, miniaturized and integrated methods of chemical analysis, development and application of portable, autonomous hardware and software for analysis.
- Educational innovation: the development of a smart education monitoring system, which would enable more flexible integration into the formal education process, supplementing it with the most effective elements of non-formal education and achieving optimal learning outcomes, applied research (development of applied algorithms based on existing basic algorithms) and experimental development in the interface between educology and data science, to develop a monitoring and decision-making system to improve the efficiency of the learning process, innovative audiovisual technologies.