Vytautas Magnus University is a constant companion to the success story of implementing R & D & I activities. Results are crucial in cross-sectoral cooperation as thy can then synergistically change established environments, bring commercialized results to light. Therefore, several examples of cross-sectoral cooperation can be identified, when created projects grow into world-class innovations.
· “Semantika”. A product created by scientists that has received many awards. Information system of Lithuanian syntactic and semantic analysis (LKSSAIS) is a unique Lithuanian language infrastructure and state information system providing Lithuanian written language analysis and Lithuanian speech recognition services. After the implementation of project no. 02.3.1-CPVA-V-527-01-0002 (“Semantika-2”) in 2020, the system was modernized and 3 new language technology services with 12 language technology IT solutions were developed, which anyone can use freely and for free. The main goal of the modernization of LKSSAIS is to perform the extraction of Lithuanian electronic texts from the Internet and phonograms by means of information technology, to perform an analysis of a wide range of Lithuanian electronic texts, to provide tools and electronic services for working with Lithuanian electronic texts that save working time and increase work efficiency.
· “KOOPER”. A platform for the management and decision-making of advanced business systems in the network of cooperation of agricultural entities. The aim: to perform a pilot implementations of a prototype of a specialized process management and decision-making platform for agricultural producer organizations based on learning neural networks and to test it in real economic, technical and information conditions, to collect and systematize consumers feedback.
· UAB “Amber charge” technology. Electroporation can and is often used in biotechnology companies where the transfer of drugs, proteins or nucleic acids into cells is required, in veterinary and medical institutions electroporation is applied in anticancer therapy, also in food companies and their laboratories for the processing of raw food materials. In all cases, electroporation often encounters efficiency problems. The reason for this is, on the one hand, a lack of knowledge, on the other hand, the lack of flexible functional electroporation systems. R&D research by companies and other research groups has revealed that in most cases, transmembrane substances. transport involves membrane permeation and electrophoresis of materials (with charge). Studies shows that these transmembrane transport processes are better controlled by high-power pulses of different amplitudes and durations.
· UAB “Išmanusis drenažas” technology. Nowadays, almost all outdoor drainage in Lithuania operates in drainage mode, i. y. continuously drains free soil water from the drained soil layer. Such drainage operation prevents the accumulation and preservation with possibility to use of potential soil moisture reserves during dry periods. The process of regulating soil moisture has a positive impact on all aquatic ecosystems, by trapping nutrients where they are assimilated by agricultural crops. Regulated drainage allows for adaptation to or mitigation of climate change, because the denitrification process in the soil is accelerated and the release of nitrogen oxides (greenhouse gases) into the atmosphere is reduced. This shows the importance of management of the controlled drainage system. Management is a precision solution, in order to rationally manage water resources under different humidity regime conditions, it is necessary to evaluate several selected characteristics in a complex way and only then to choose a rational solution. With the help of various sensors, the user will be allowed to monitor the data of the soil moisture in real time, water runoff, groundwater level, precipitation, etc. by the system. In addition to this the algorithms by analyzing these monitored data, will form a real-time recommendation for the regulation of the drainage system.
· UAB “Intelektika” is a spin-off established by Vytautas Magnus University in 2020. September. It is science-intensive spin-off which extended the experience and knowledge gained by Vytautas Magnus University researchers over many years in the fields of language technology, artificial intelligence technology, deep and machine learning, data and signal analysis. Its founders are researchers of the VMU Faculty of Informatics and the university itself. The main goals of the company are to carry out applied research, employ scientific knowledge, introduce it to the market and adapt it to practical business needs, turn language and artificial technologies created and developed at the university and the company into innovative products and services.
Startups created by researchers and incubator companies in 2018-2022
- MB ,,Agronomas“,
- MB „Clean snacks“,
- Sigitas Račiūnas individual activity
- UAB ,,Canna Mella“,
- UAB „Nando Holdings“,
- UAB ,,Nando Labs“;
- MB „Reakiro LT“;
- Astos Teresevičienės IDV ,,Dream Food”,
- Giedrės Slesariūnienės IDV „Žalia banga,
- Association of cannabis growers, processors and business innovators,
- Mindaugo Šimonio & partners law firm,
- UAB ,,Ensifera“,
- Vytautės Račiūnaitės individual activity,
- UAB ,,Biopharmaceutical Research laboratory “,
- UAB ,,Atrast – Žiedų skonis“
- UAB ,,Sotu Sotu“
- UAB ,,Grainis agrotech“
- MB “Probiomas
- MB “Robotizuotos įrangos projektavimas”
- MB “Abelia LT”
- MB “DNR tyrimai”
- MB “Biovala”
- MB “Galvaida”
- UAB „Amber charge“ (Atžalinė įmonė)
- UAB „Išmanusis drenažas“ (Atžalinė įmonė)
- UAB „Intelektika“ (Atžalinė įmonė)
- UAB „Gosera“ (Atžalinė įmonė)
- UAB „CHEGLOK“ (Atžalinė įmonė)
Startups created by students